Gates Powergrip® HTD®
The curved cog shape guarantees high power transfer at low speeds and high torques due to favourable load distribution. The PowerGrip® HTD® 3M and 5M synchronous belts are particularly recommended for household and office appliances, manual trade and electric tools, process engineering and chemistry applications. The PowerGrip® HTD® 8M, 14M and 20M synchronous belts are recommended for high-performance industrial machines in the tool, paper and textile machine industry, where long service life and low maintenance requirements are of great importance. The HTD® 14M is statically conductive (ISO 9563) and can therefore be used under the conditions described in the ATEX directive 94/9/EC.
- the special curved cog shape improves tension distribution and enables a higher overall load
- the precise form and partition of the elastomer cogs guarantee precise intervention with the cog gaps in the cogged pulley
- the tough nylon cover protects the cogs against abrasion
- the strong glass fibre cords stand out for their high tensile strength, exceptionally good flexural properties and low expansion
- the wear-resistance elastomer back protects the belt from external stress and abrasion from friction when back idlers are used